The committee are tasked with discovering the best in photography, picture editing and publication design produced within the given award period. Those who review the digital and physical books assess the:
- Photography, design, layout, typography and cover art
- Photo editing and sequencing to create an engaging visual narrative
- Originality of the concept and design
- Use of imagery, text or supporting material to enhance the story in the photographs and/or book
- Appropriateness of photography, design and format for the book’s intended purpose and audience
Administrators and employees of Photo Collective are not allowed to enter the award.
The People’s Choice Award goes to the finalist who receives the most votes from visitors to the finalist exhibition and online voting.